Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Rogue System  (Read 25622 times)

Online Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Rogue System
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2016, 03:26:07 PM »
This is a very in-depth simulation. Not for the lazy ;)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2016, 08:32:23 AM »
Howdy!

I have been suffering from G.A.S. (Game Adquisition Syndrome) these past week´s  ;D

So, I was more tempted to go on the cheap side as usual lately, but I was growing interest with "Children of a Dead Earth" too, which I also fancy.  The thing is that while COADE is actrative and cool, at the moment it´s more of a combat sim which is nice also, but I wanted something that could look/feel like RS.  With it´s DCS like start-ups, system failure´s and future implemetations this seemd more of my liking.  Iam sure there will be plenty of combat too.

If I can, I like to chip in with these dev´s who put passion and alot of work (one man team) in there project to help them out as much as I can. I think Michael Juliano deserves it! BTW he is or was enviroment artist for ISI and rFactor.

Our friend Scott Manley shows us how difficult it is to start-up and dock in this mission...

RS Wiki:
http://imagespaceinc.com/rogsys/wiki/index.php?title=Flying_Fox_Electric_System

Guides: (Start-up/Ship schems/Guides)
=Walkthroughs&requiredtags[]=spanish#scrollTop=0]http://steamcommunity.com/app/366000/guides/?browsefilter=trend&requiredtags[]=Walkthroughs&requiredtags[]=spanish#scrollTop=0

Official site:
http://imagespaceinc.com/rogsys/

Official Forum:
http://isiforums.net/f/forumdisplay.php/166

I will let you all know how I progress with RS, it will take me a bit of time as you noticed from the video!  There will be multiplayer so keep an eye on RS  :)

From somewhere in space...

Red out!

PD.: Asid, I saw the video you talked about regarding COADE, yeah the dude talks fast LOL!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 01:49:41 PM by Red2112 »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2016, 05:26:18 PM »
Minor update to...

Part 2 of update .08 is Now on "Test" Branch
9 DE NOVIEMBRE   - MICHAEL_J
Part two of update .08 adds a fair bit of base functionality designed around the equipment bay that was added in .08 part one. It's now possible to look at equipment, grab it, and carry it around in front of you. This ability is very raw in this first implementation--the core goal being to get handle the mechanics and to create the physical link between your avatar and the carried item. Once carried, a piece of equipment can be installed into the intended "port". What this allows is the basic ability to remove and replace damaged items. This is a first step to inflight repairs.

For now, two pieces of equipment are available for you to play around with--the MTS computer controller (comptroller), and the LSS scrubber. The scrubbers are located in the equipment bay--click on each to uninstall. Then you can grab, carry, and reinstall them. The small display next to each will show the current state of the installed scubber. The MTS comptroller has a locking handle, which must be unset before you can put the component. Once reinstalled, it must be locked before the comptroller will function again.

Also added were control panels for the various doors leading to, and located in the equipment bay. Each panel also includes a switch to control interior flood lighting. Likewise, the fist of many ECS breakers, and isolation valve resets were added. Avatar roll control was also added, and by default is set to F and V (although you may have to set these manually if this is not your first install. Lastly, there were many small fixes and tweaks both relating to this work, as well as other various low-level items--one of which should aid art creation for both myself now, and modders later.

As always, please see the change log below for full details; and, thanks for everyone's support!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2016, 05:32:32 PM »
Nice. Thanks for posting this. It is slow progress but worth it  8)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2016, 08:56:22 PM »
A bit more to add, with a sad note too...

0.2.01.09--Progress Update
Okay, let's get this started :)

On this list for this update:
--Main Airlock Art
--EVA Suit Art (static model for now)
--Ability to Depressurize airlock
--Ability to EVA
--First half of third controller/control binding pass
--Single system refinement pass

Most of those are self-explanatory. One that might not be is "Single system refinement pass". As I mentioned, starting with update .09 I will be "finalizing" a single ship system, its damage reaction, and adding at least the internal controller art to the equipment bay. For .09, I will probably being with MTS, since the internal component is already done. I think it's better to do a system per update, rather than try to hammer them out all at once. This will let me make progress in other areas.

Good news is the modeling is already done for the airlock, so that saves me some time. Unlike the equipment bay, I shouldn't need to redesign anything here, other than to make sure the EVA suit fits in the space I have set aside for it.

It's already possible to move from one ship to another, but this has always been from one internal space to another. However, moving from a ship interior out into space SHOULD only be an extension of that ability. I don't see any serious issues to overcome...

Going to recharge my batteries for a day or two, then serious dive into this work. I want to get as much knocked out before the Thanksgiving break. Then I'll come back from that and get the rest finished up before Christmas. I want to start work on enemy assets for the beginning of the new year so we can start to get the campaign up and running....

Update .08 Part 2 Tidbits
Hello all. I'll start with a few notes concerning the new .08 part 2 update; and then I do have a bit of info that I feel obligated to share with you all.

For the new grabbing mechanic, please be aware that it is a bit cumbersome in this first iteration. We will refine this mechanic as we go; so please bare with me while I get some initial feedback from you all, and make some design decisions based on that.

If a component is installed, it has to be uninstalled before you can carry it. To do so, simply click on it. Once it uninstalls, click again and it will lock to you, and then you are free to move around. To release it, press the "Release/Throw Item" key (if this is not your first install, you WILL need to bind this in Controls/First-Person/Action). To reinstall an item, while carried, click on the port you want to install it to.

Please note that you may need to release an object, move closer to it, and then grab it again in order to "see" the port behind it. Eventually, what I want to do here is to pull the item in close to you when you grab it (and eventually when you avatars body is added it have it placed directly in hand and out of view), so the "look-at" is not hindered.

Also, you can now roll your avatar. Again, if this is not your first install you will need to bind the "Roll Left" and "Roll Right" commands via Controls/First-Person/Movement

Components for both LSS Scrubbers and the MTS Computer Controller (Comptroller) have been added for this initial first test.

Edit: there was other information here, but I don't want to mesh that info in with this thread, so I'll make a new post for the other...

Current Change Log
I'll keep this post up-to-date with the change log details for each update as it comes out, as well as what's upcoming. Check back often to see what I'm up to.

====== Current Test: eAccess Version 0.2.01.08p2 FELIX ======
Refined: Main, System and Utility bus breaker object management
Added: Equipment Bay VMS (currently slaved to pilot's VMS)
Added: Avatar roll control while drifting (initial--keyboard/button bindings ONLY)
Refined: Emergency lighting will auto-disable when internal flood lights are enabled and working normally
Added: Point light for emergency lighting so normal maps react as expected
Added: Interior and exterior light color can now be defined in ship data file light entries
Added: Functionality to allow isolation valves to be reset (currently RCM tanks only--will expand)
Added: Code for visual representation of iso-valve reset state
Added: Ability for carryable objects to be looked at
Added: Looked-at, carryable objects can now be "grabbed" using default left-click
Added: Basic joint connection so that "grabbed" objects move with the player-avatar
Added: Carried items can now be released
Fixed: Carried items would sometimes start to wobble in the avatar's "hand"
Added: Command binding to release/throw a carried item
Added: Functionality to allow interior system component art to load to their installed position, if currently installed
Asset: Created model and normal map for MTS Computer Controller art
Asset: Created texture/AO maps for MTS Computer Controller art
Added: Installed interior components can now be un-installed (if allowed).
Added: It's now possible to install components after they've been uninstalled
Added: LSS AG scrubber system now uses the saturation level of the currently installed AGS (allows for replacement of spent scrubbers with spares)
Refined: AGS instrumentation now reflects the state of the currently installed scrubber. If no scrubber is installed, then the saturation levels will be maxed out (representing that no AG scrubbing is occuring).
Added: Ability to click on component "ports" IF no component is installed. If the proper component is being carried it will be installed.
Fixed: LSS AG scrubbing was not being re-enabled once a missing scrubber was replaced
Added: Ability to load MTS comptroller to installed/spare ports
Added: Ability for MTS system to make use of spare comptrollers
Added: Specific, clickable MTS comptroller port
Added: system comptrollers now support locking handles. A unit can not be uninstalled when locked in place, and can not be installed unless in the unlocked state
Fixed: Translation bug when ship parts are being installed/uninstalled
Added: Missing equipment bay doors
Added: New UI page to handle all current door control panels
Refined: Door control panels now use door display UI
Added: control nodes to door panels for each flood light/door switch (ONLY where doors lead to a "finished" area)
Added: UI--code to manage door switch states (opened, closed and in-motion)
Refined: Added ability to use predefined Leadwerks materials to expand on current create-at-load material setup
Fixed: Several minor bugs resulting from Leadwerks material usage and instancing
Refined: Rigid object scaling now allowed (at load)
Added: UI--AGS saturation displays next to scrubber ports

The sad part to some extent...

A bit of Dev Info
I had put this in another thread, but I moved it here for clarity:

The long and the short is that I've had to take on some on-the-side contract work to help support my household. What this means is that I will lose about 6 or 7 RogSys work hours per weekday. However, the folks I am contracting with are fans of RogSys, and are making sure their schedule has as minimal impact on RogSys as possible.

Why? Quite simply, RogSys sales have not been strong enough (given my royalty percentage) to maintain my income; and ISI can not suppliment development costs if the numbers aren't there (contractual). The recent Steam change has not helped this, as the loss of non-sale reviews has moved RogSys very low, to completely off the various early access lists, thus making it more transparent.

This actually began a little more than two months ago. As you've seen, I've released two updates in that time; so my commitment to RogSys is unwaivering. With the reduced hours, it does mean updates will probably remain limited to one every month-or-so. The art tasks for the last updates have not helped, as I've mentioned.

Hopefully, sales will turn around as we get further along, and I can return to full-time; and even better would be that they turn around enough to expand the team, which has always been the goal. The only other option for me would be to buy out ISI's investment; but if I can't do that AND have enough to grow and maintain a team for at least two years then there's little point. It would take a 1 mill investment to do this (the majority of that would go towards the dev team); and I CERTAINLY don't have that in the bank :D

That's it. I'm not p*ssing and moaning about it--it is what it is. I do what I must to support my family AND RogSys. My goal continues to be that of releasing a finished Core Module; and then moving on to the expansions. I will work as always towards that goal.

The only reason I mention this is because I've always been completely open and honest with RogSys' community; and I see no reason to change my philosphy of no-bullsh*t, open communication now.

As always, thank you all for your support, faith and patience. I will continue, as always, to work to maintain your trust, and your enthusiam for RogSys!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 09:04:05 PM by Red2112 »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colebrook

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2016, 01:40:18 AM »
Looks great. How is the ame at this moment?,is playable?,or is in a too early version?.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2016, 11:45:26 AM »
Looks great. How is the ame at this moment?,is playable?,or is in a too early version?.

What is the "ame"?  ::) ;D

I do have a hard time configuring my HOTAS to the flight model. I will have to look into that a bit better.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2016, 11:00:36 AM »

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2016, 02:54:12 PM »
This is getting better and better. It will take a while as this is virtually a one man show.

It is very deep. It is a space ship simulator. Like DCS/BMS etc. Very high fidelity.

Thanks for the video Red.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2016, 02:47:45 PM »
More space dust for ya all  ;D

Care,

Red
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2016, 09:48:10 PM »
Nice. Hopefully the dev team can increase in size. Then we will see more content. This is a one man show. He is doing an amazing job  8)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2016, 01:04:34 AM »
I got the flight controls all working well now but it is hard to fly.  Sure is a study sim as you can see from the vids.  There´s plenty to learn as it is that´s for sure, so expect more hardcore as it comes along.

Its´cool brah!  ;)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2016, 12:49:03 PM »
On sale folks, just 8,39€  ;)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/366000/

Care,

Red
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 12:51:56 PM by Red2112 »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2016, 03:02:24 PM »
On sale folks, just 8,39€  ;)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/366000/

Care,

Red

Bargain for a very deep simulation.

It is in early access at this point.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2016, 04:18:50 PM »
Update 0.2.01.09a CONTROL is Available
21 DECEMBER - MICHAEL_J

While I had intended to only do a partial update to the control management code (and then spend the second half of the update time on airlock art), it turned into an all out overhaul of the command binding system. Just about everything was reworked and refined, both to fix bugs as well as to add functionality that has been asked for previously.

Here's a list of some of the new features and fixes:
•   Ability to bind to full and/or split axis (both 50/50 as well as user-defined ranges)
•   Support for toggle/rocker switches, such as those on the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog
•   False positives when attempting to assign a control to a command should be completely fixed
•   Controller disconnect/reconnect is now handled gracefully for controllers that have bindings assigned to them. Controllers that do not are ignored
•   It's now possible to use combinations of keyboard modifiers for all buttons, keys AND axes (ex. SHIFT+CTRL+A)
•   Commands can now have multiple binding assignments, and controls can now be bound to more than one command
•   It's now possible to map to the mouse wheel

Along with these, another important addition was a change to the ingame UI for tutorial and subtitle messages. Long strings will no longer overrun the messagebox. This is a big plus for those folks who were interested in helping with the localization process. Finally, for those that were asking, since I was doing a bunch of control work, I added incremental zoom in/out, which by default is now mapped to the mouse wheel.

I AM now starting one the airlock and EVA suit artwork; and I hope to have at least the airlock in the game for the next update....

As always, thanks for everyone's support!

Full Change Log: http://steamcommunity.com/app/366000/discussions/0/364041776190769973/

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Zombie Roguelike

Started by gameleaper

Replies: 3
    Views: 2544
    Last post September 10, 2018, 10:43:41 PM
    by Asid
    Create massive game worlds with Unity's Entity Component System (ECS)

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 3252
    Last post March 20, 2019, 03:26:06 PM
    by Asid
    The System Shock remake is coming

Started by Asid

Replies: 3
    Views: 4402
    Last post July 02, 2016, 02:10:29 PM
    by RedWardancer
    Crying Suns Tactical space rogue-lite