Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Flight Videos - Real World/Simulation  (Read 119564 times)

Offline Lusik

• HAVOC
Re: Flight Videos - Real World/Simulation
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2017, 02:20:38 AM »
I saw it earlier today. It is really impressive how sturdy the undercarriage is.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Beef

• HAVOC
  • Bellum Simulatis
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2017, 06:32:59 PM »
It's a big plane. Pilot did well to get the plane under control, but did not do well inducing the motion in the first place....over-steering.

On a separate note...I may be a bit Boeing-biased, but the a380 is a "fugly" plane...something created in the mind of Mary Shelley

The 747 has been referred to as the Queen of the Skies. I finder her lines much more attractive...

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2017, 07:47:10 PM »
I bet the passengers were concerned  :shocker
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Rinix

• HAVOC
  • Steel Beasts
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2017, 07:53:18 PM »
Wow, that plane is fast.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I ride inside Steel Beasts.

Offline Lusik

• HAVOC
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2017, 08:05:32 PM »
An interesing video was posted on Ed Forums. In 1964 USAF conducted tests of its tactical arsenal and filmed the effects on an array of targets. The test included all, or maybe, most types of weapons available at that time, including guns and air-to-air missiles.  20mm M61 had a devastating effect on an F-80 based target drone. Around 15:10 is a premature bomb explosion that damaged both the bomber and the chase aircraft.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2017, 09:12:02 PM »
Thanks for posting the video Lusik  :thumbsup

That voice...It's the guy that does all the government videos lol

Interesting...Especially the napalm  :o
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2017, 10:02:38 PM »
New dogfight footage from the upcoming 4.50 patch for IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Fusion.

Gorgeous!

Now imagine that in a 100 person server German vs RAF!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lusik

• HAVOC
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2017, 09:58:11 PM »
I installed it again recently but it keeps crashing whenever I try to use mouse inside the cockpit. Team Fusion did a great job. For a few seconds I thought it was Il-2 Battle of Stalingrad and not Cliffs of Dover.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2017, 10:11:46 PM »
Ya not sure about that problem but  Battle of Stalingrad wishes it was Cliffs of Dover my friend.

Buts that's a whole other conversation.

Edit: Though I will add this after reading some info tonight, I read that 777 is working on improving their flight models and working on a dynamic campaign also. If that campaign is like Rise of Flights dynamic campaign then it might be worth it on sale but even on sale its alot of money.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 11:54:49 PM by Stardog765 »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Skoop

« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2017, 07:51:04 AM »
^ You really should give IL2 BOS a whirl, it's on sale for 50% off, you'll definitely get your money's worth.  It's earned it place in the ranks of flight sims, If you think cliffs is the end all be all WWII flight sim....well your just missing out. 

The up coming coop mode will be added as a free update to all.  I'm sure that will be great for all the Dogs of War flight simmers here that own the sim.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lusik

• HAVOC
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2017, 06:14:08 PM »
I will give it a try then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Stardog765

« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2017, 07:50:04 PM »
^ You really should give IL2 BOS a whirl, it's on sale for 50% off, you'll definitely get your money's worth.  It's earned it place in the ranks of flight sims, If you think cliffs is the end all be all WWII flight sim....well your just missing out. 

The up coming coop mode will be added as a free update to all.  I'm sure that will be great for all the Dogs of War flight simmers here that own the sim.

Well I appreciate the feedback and info though I did not ever say Cliffs of Dover was the end all be all of WWII sims.  I know you don't know me but just for clarification most of my adult gaming life online was spent flying WWII flight sims in virtual squadrons, starting with Air Warrior, Warbirds, WWII Online, IL-2 1946 on Hyperlobby and was a beta tester on the still unsurpassed king of WWII flight sims, Battle of Britain 1/2.  Cliffs of Dover was a massive let down for me and almost all of the WWII flight sim community. It was total garbage when it released but what Team Fusion has done with puts it up there without a doubt and what is coming for Cliffs of Dover Fusion will be amazing.  I was a big Rise of Flight fan even though WWI flying is not my wheel house I did enjoy it but then like so many other companies before them 777 Studios decided that selling expensive addon airplanes, maps, campaigns, etc. was more important than anything else.  Sound familiar? :)

Fast forward to IL-2 Battle for Stalingrad,  Rise of Flight money grubbing X10.  But just NOW they are finally listening to the community regarding the flight model issues that have been there since the beginning. Sure it looks pretty nice but it doesnt look any better than Cliffs of Dover now and if you don't get it on sale then the price you pay for the everything in the sim so you have all the planes you will be flying against online is obscene at best and an insult to the community at worst.  So I don't say anyone shouldnt enjoy it, we all have different tastes and standards my issues are not anyone elses nor should they be.  Really the whole point to this is that when it comes to WWII flight sims and their accuracy I am VERY OCD and have spent alot of my adult life studying and reading about WWII aviation.

Like I said I am very happy many enjoy IL-2 BoS, I personally won't give them any of my money at this point but thats me.  On the other hand the IL-2 Fusion team is a bunch of flight sim junkie modders who do it because they love it and got lucky making something that so much improved Cliffs of Dover that 1C offered them a position in the company and their own development branch of IL-2.  They are well into creating the first addon for Cliffs of Dover after all these years and that being the North African theater and campaign plus a bunch of new planes.  This will be a pay addon but I bet it wont be over $15 if not less.  So that is where I put my support rather than a dev that feels every plane they create is somehow worth $20 and when you question them they say well you just don't want to support the WWII simming community. PFT! 

Anyway sorry for the long winded post and I dont mean to be preachy but if there is one thing I take serious is WWII sims :)  Sometimes its best to tune me out and not get me started. :)

Happy flying!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Skoop

« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2017, 08:59:14 PM »
If you start with IL2 BOS in the usual 50% off sale, you will have most of the best planes in multiplayer.  Use that to decide if you like it or not, plus you get to fly in a totally different front.  It's nice to enjoy multiple sims and have choices.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline wilso845

• HAVOC
  • ArmA
Video Testing and Editing
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2017, 10:19:18 PM »
IRIS Grob Tutor @  ORBX Innsbruck (LOWI) test flight with glide slope practice