Translations for our friends around the world.

Click on banner for Theater of Operations website

Save

Author Topic: December 9, 2015 Update  (Read 4381 times)

Offline choppinlt

• T.O.O. Developer
    • Buckeye Battle Group
December 9, 2015 Update
« on: December 09, 2015, 04:21:49 PM »
It has been a couple weeks since I posted anything, but life is good and things are rolling...it's just painfully slow. I have some professional artwork for the Unit Info Screens that I was hoping to share by now, but the revisions havn't been completed yet. They could be done at any time, so you can be on the look out for that.

Perhaps the biggest news is that we had a meeting last night and the current plan is to have a demo ready to show basic game play by the end of February. The programmers took some time and plotted out what they think will be a realistic schedule, so we have reasonable confidence in the estimate. Once we have the demo ready, we will be confident in commencing the next Kickstarter campaign shortly after. Obviously there will be a marketing push well before the KS kickoff, and that is where we will need as much support as we can get from you all to create as much awareness and exposure as we can get. More on this in the New Year.

The BBG website is to get an overhaul in the second half of this month, so you can look out for that as well. I will say that the most up to date information will typically be posted here, but we plan to have a more robust website.

From a game design perspective, I have been creating Soviet unit TOE's. WOW, I thought the Germans were bad with all their various TOE, then I started digging in to the Soviets. I need some help with the Soviet TOE though. I have a number of good info sources, however there are several areas where I need more detail. Reference the Niehorster website for this level of detail: http://www.niehorster.org/012_ussr/44_organ/brig_tank/44_brig_tk-bn.htm I need to know the number of personnel assigned to various support units, the number and size of trucks assigned to them, the number of horses and wagons, etc.

Speaking of the Soviets, thanks again to 76mm and his finding of virtually all the topo maps involved in Operation Bagration! In a previous thread I showed one of the maps, so feel free to check that out if you missed it.

I have also been working on artillery protocols. In many ways it is simple and straight forward, but sit down some time and try to create algorithms to re-create it! It is a bunch of simple concepts that come together that make it rather involved and complex. I'm not complaining, just stating what my experience has been. Heck, I enjoy the challenge! I will stop here and talk more about arty in a new thread.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: December 9, 2015 Update
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 06:05:39 PM »
This is great news. I agree with the demo and groundwork before the kickstarter.

You have my full support and I will do what I can to assist.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline choppinlt

• T.O.O. Developer
    • Buckeye Battle Group
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 06:27:15 PM »
Great Asid, and thanks!  ;D I will re-engage those in the media that helped out last time, and maybe we can find some new contacts as well. I anticipate you and the fellow forumites' spreading the word will make the greatest impact.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Attila

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 07:20:42 PM »
Thank you for the update :) Great support.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

July 1st Update

Started by choppinlt

Replies: 1
    Views: 2032
    Last post July 05, 2021, 03:52:45 PM