Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Steelbeast things... mysteries and theories explained or tried to  (Read 2931 times)

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack

Soo... yeah.. I figured more could follow.. so im posting this here.

Sooo.. Rotar posted this video on steelbeast.com

Where I asked following

Really... what is actually happening there on the video.

It hit first at the berm, then way behind of target to where it had been long time ago. And after that... way front of target? Why?

And I'm really interested... could cv9030 aiming problems have something common with this? Like.. something in environment causing aiming to go crazy?

And Volcano replied to me that..

Well, the AI has been this way since 1999, so I wouldn't get too worked up about it. But beyond that, we will look into it. The way the AI figures out of it is has a clear LOS to fire is based on the location of several different blank frames on the models. It doesn't have anything to do with the presence of a certain object in the environment itself.

I think everyone has seen the AI shoot the berm, but with the description above, at least we know which vehicles do it less, and which do it more so perhaps we can single out the cause and improve their behavior.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Tags: