Translations for our friends around the world.

VBS

052214_wargames_trainer_640

Author Topic: Real-time Human Performance Measurement Software for VBS3  (Read 3072 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Real-time Human Performance Measurement Software for VBS3
« on: November 19, 2015, 03:43:54 PM »
Aptima Demos Real-time Human Performance Measurement Software for VBS3

Aptima announces the latest version of the A-Measure® performance measurement platform, which will be demonstrated at I/ITSEC 2015.  The demonstration will be integrated with Bohemia Interactive’s Virtual Battlespace 3 (VBS3), the US Army’s flagship simulation platform for its “Games for Training” program. A-Measure captures team and individual performance for a range of warfighter competencies – from mission essential tasks to 21st century soldier skills.

Throughout the Department of Defense, A-Measure is used to assess individual and team performance in live, virtual and constructive exercises to track, analyze, and display real-time measures of Warfighter performance, helping optimize the learning and transfer of skills from simulated training.

“Training simulators have made great strides. Advances in fidelity, for example, have closed the gap in realism. Now with the emphasis on more adaptive and agile Warfighters, the challenge is how to grow not just tactical skills, but also more complex problem-solving skills required of the 21st century warfighter,” said Courtney Dean, A-Measure Product Manager. “Like any skills development, that requires meaningful feedback to guide that learning.”

A-Measure is unique in that it accounts for a spectrum of skills, from the tactical tasks to the more advanced intangibles, combining measures from simulators and those best assessed by observers. The A-Measure platform is comprised of three components: PM EngineTM software that connects with simulators such as VBS3 to capture mission relevant team and individual behaviors; SPOTLITE®  a mobile application used by expert observers to capture measures of teamwork, adaptability, and observable mission critical behaviors; and the Performance DashboardTM, real-time, after-action and trending displays featuring SPOTLITE and PM Engine measure results.

A-Measure in Action
In a VBS3 scenario of dismounted soldiers assaulting an enemy compound, PM Engine extracts the simulator data, tracking and evaluating individual and team objectives such as route selection, speed from point to point, concentration of firepower, casualties inflicted vs taken, and the capture of objectives. In addition to measuring combat tasks, instructors using SPOTLITE can quickly measure behavior in areas such as team tactics, cohesion and other dimensions that reflect their leadership, adaptability and agility to changing conditions.

Measure results are displayed on a live dashboard, enhancing instructor situation awareness. Detailed after-action review s (AAR) strengthen the trainee debrief to enhance their skill development. A-Measure also provides historical and trends analyses for tracking and comparing learning over time and across teams.

Aptima, which applies expertise in how humans think, learn, and behave, is launching PM Engine 4.0 and SPOTLITE 6.0 as part of the demonstration at I/ITSEC Booth 429, November 30th through December 4th. I/ITSEC attendees can play VBS3 while A-Measure captures their performance.

Aptima will also be demonstrating A-Measure’s during and after action review capabilities and the PM Engine as part of the I/ITSEC Live-Virtual-Constructive (LVC) Special Event, “Operation Blended Warrior.” This is the first year in a five-year effort under which industry members and government organizations are joining forces to create an LVC environment for the purposes showcasing their capabilities, and collecting data on challenges encountered during their efforts.

I/ITSEC, the Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC) is the world's largest modeling, simulation, and training conference.

WHAT:                    Performance Measurement Demo for VBS3

WHERE:                 I/ITSEC, Orlando Convention Center, Aptima Booth 429

WHEN:                   November 30-December 4. For exhibit hours, visit: www.iitsec.org
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Tags:

New Developments in VBS3 – GameTech 2014

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 2524