Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Screenshots: Real World/Simulation  (Read 138347 times)

Offline Lusik

• HAVOC
Re: Screenshots: Flight Simulation
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2016, 12:03:41 AM »

Teehee. May I ask what was your soundtrack for first flight in Mig 21? :)
No soundtrack. Just pure sound of this aircraft. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2016, 09:01:31 PM »
I guess I have now one more reason to get it. Perhaps we could then trian together to use it.. and maybe even try formation flying and tactical missions?

I was just thinking about this & thought I should give fair warning before you shell out your hard earned money. The Mig21 is a very technical plane to fly. Obviously we are talking 50s technology so its not that its complicated, rather its complex. It is a plane that you will have to commit yourself to fly well.

When I 1st got it I had a love hate relationship with it. I loved the way it looked; the model, the textures & the sound are stunning but I had a hell of a time flying it. Without trying to beat my drum let me say that I am an extremely experienced sim pilot & I had a devil of a time just landing it. In fact my 1st 9 landing attempts resulted in at least some damage to the aircraft. Catastrophic damage with a couple of them.  This bruised my ego so I set about to mastering the plane. I cant begin to describe the joy & satisfaction as I started to become competent with it.

Fast forward to now & I couldnt tell you how many hours I have in it but every time I fly a sortie & grease my landing I have an immense sense of satisfaction.

She is a plane that will reward the pilot that respects her & loves her for what she is. She is also a Suchka that will kill the one that doesnt.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2016, 04:26:24 PM »
A flight from Atlanta to I believe Dulles in Washington DC flying the L1011 in FSX using FS Passengers.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2016, 07:13:52 PM »
I guess I have now one more reason to get it. Perhaps we could then trian together to use it.. and maybe even try formation flying and tactical missions?

I was just thinking about this & thought I should give fair warning before you shell out your hard earned money. The Mig21 is a very technical plane to fly. Obviously we are talking 50s technology so its not that its complicated, rather its complex. It is a plane that you will have to commit yourself to fly well.

When I 1st got it I had a love hate relationship with it. I loved the way it looked; the model, the textures & the sound are stunning but I had a hell of a time flying it. Without trying to beat my drum let me say that I am an extremely experienced sim pilot & I had a devil of a time just landing it. In fact my 1st 9 landing attempts resulted in at least some damage to the aircraft. Catastrophic damage with a couple of them.  This bruised my ego so I set about to mastering the plane. I cant begin to describe the joy & satisfaction as I started to become competent with it.

Fast forward to now & I couldnt tell you how many hours I have in it but every time I fly a sortie & grease my landing I have an immense sense of satisfaction.

She is a plane that will reward the pilot that respects her & loves her for what she is. She is also a Suchka that will kill the one that doesnt.

Yeah. I have heard similar words from elsewhere. I'm man who want's to focus on just one thing at a time. On ground... Cv9030, on Air...  I think it will be Mig-21

Thank you. :)   and well...  well see when I will actually get it... hopefully soon. We could start betting on how many crash landings I will have with it. >.<  before first successful one.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Longknife

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2016, 07:48:09 PM »
I'm man who want's to focus on just one thing at a time.

We are of a like mind. The 1st time I tried the Cv90 was in that mission with you the other night. I really liked the IFV so I have plugged it into several missions & have been practicing with it. I like it even more now!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2016, 08:06:12 PM »
I'm man who want's to focus on just one thing at a time.

We are of a like mind. The 1st time I tried the Cv90 was in that mission with you the other night. I really liked the IFV so I have plugged it into several missions & have been practicing with it. I like it even more now!

Its the best modeled vehicle in the game when looked from overall factors. Some single vehicle can have better FCS or some other things but this, you get nearly everything good if not great. I just love it.
My friend was in the army when Esimgames did come there to record cv9030 sounds. And he confirms that those sounds are 100% authentic! He as well told me that Finnish army officers put insanely much love to this vehicle in Steelbeast. They made it as well modeled as it was possible at the time. Even the flaws of vehicle and awkward functions were modeled 100% authentic to be able to teach Finnish army trainees to their new vehicle.

With this same friend I visited aviation museum in Jyväskylä. There we took a lot of time sitting in Mig-21 cabin. - He is very good in Russian so we took a lot of time learning all the controls of it and getting to the feeling. Though we got to conclusion that my friend would have been too tall for that jet :D   He would have had to be crouched to be able to sit there xD

Just absolutely lovely blue color in the cockpit, and the feeling of all the switches and keys was completely different when compared to Swedish Draken. In Mig21 those all felt like...   erm. Cheap? Rough...  I cannot describe it well.  - Like something made in hurry at 50s-70s
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Longknife

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2016, 08:31:59 PM »
I like the blue cockpits as well! When you get the Mig unless you can read Cyrillic I would suggest getting one of the cockpit mods that change the labels to english. I didnt do this at 1st, I convinced myself that I would at least learn to read the labels in the cockpit. Ummm.. NO! LOL Save your self the frustration  ;D

When you get it let me know & I would be happy to host a MP DCS session & we can go fly around some. I have a practice missions already created for it with lots of ground & air targets with an airbase 10k's away to rearm. Plenty of practice shooting & flying & I would be happy to help!

The Draken was one sexy plane! I love it & would love to see it in DCS! Hell, I love all the Saab planes from the Tunnan to the Gripen.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2016, 09:27:13 PM »
I like the blue cockpits as well! When you get the Mig unless you can read Cyrillic I would suggest getting one of the cockpit mods that change the labels to english. I didnt do this at 1st, I convinced myself that I would at least learn to read the labels in the cockpit. Ummm.. NO! LOL Save your self the frustration  ;D

When you get it let me know & I would be happy to host a MP DCS session & we can go fly around some. I have a practice missions already created for it with lots of ground & air targets with an airbase 10k's away to rearm. Plenty of practice shooting & flying & I would be happy to help!

The Draken was one sexy plane! I love it & would love to see it in DCS! Hell, I love all the Saab planes from the Tunnan to the Gripen.

I will. thank you :)

And yes Swedish planes are great!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2016, 02:45:19 AM »

I had an idea of a campaign for DCS that I had not heard of being done before so I set about making it. Here I am testing the 1st mission.
Pre dawn take off.

High speed low altitude run in on target.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Red2112

• Life Support
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2016, 09:40:31 AM »
Sweet pic´s Longnife! Thanks for sharing  :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2016, 02:15:57 PM »
Sweet pic´s Longnife! Thanks for sharing  :)
+1

Keep them coming :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2016, 09:26:11 PM »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Longknife

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2016, 07:17:57 PM »
Just playing about in the desert.

Funny I have this new Mirage which I like a great deal! It is pleasant to fly, the systems work & are not overly complicated but I just cant get enough of the Mig21. Its easily my fav plane in DCS.

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline wilso845

• HAVOC
  • ArmA
Re: Screenshots: Flight Simulation BMS
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2016, 09:47:30 PM »
Some F15 and Tornado F3 from the other week...
Balkans Campaign

F15

Wait for me.......

Chaff Flare....Or im farting orange lol

Keep up Brah......

Formation Flying

Formation Flying

Formation Flying

Turn and burn.....Checking out

Tornado F3

Air Borne....

Checking in

Cruising....Brah

Ow i think i just pooed my self SAM Launch!!!

Wing men fencing in

Wing men fencing in

Wing men fencing in

The End

« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 10:08:33 PM by wilso845 »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2016, 09:56:45 PM »
Awesome brah...Would have been good to have seen the Tacview track as well.

Thanks for posting :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Flight Videos - Real World/Simulation

Started by Beef

Replies: 238
    Views: 119548
    Last post December 07, 2021, 02:26:00 AM
    by Rinix
    Reality XP - GTN 750 for FltSim (P3D,FSX ) and GTN 750 X11/X10/X9 on Sale

Started by Attila

Replies: 0
    Views: 3411
    Last post November 25, 2017, 07:28:09 PM
    by Attila
    Huey Real world technical manual

Started by Asid

Replies: 0
    Views: 4060
    Last post April 04, 2016, 01:49:16 AM
    by Asid
    A319 FO windshield blowout. Real skilled pilot.

Started by Asid

Replies: 3
    Views: 4251
    Last post May 21, 2018, 10:52:51 PM
    by Lusik
    Simulation of Reality F16 a B737NG video

Started by Asid

Replies: 2
    Views: 4289
    Last post June 19, 2016, 06:39:51 PM
    by Asid