Translations for our friends around the world.

Click on banner for Theater of Operations website

Save

Author Topic: Expo Results  (Read 5598 times)

Offline choppinlt

• T.O.O. Developer
    • Buckeye Battle Group
Expo Results
« on: November 09, 2015, 03:14:02 AM »
I will have to consult the rest of my team's thoughts, opinions, and takeaways to give the best answer...but I thought the expo was a great success! I even had a few people asking where they could donate on the spot! That was not the norm of course, but we had our fair share of interest. Perhaps not surprisingly we were the only strategy game there, which gave us our own niche. One thing was clear, we need to continue working on our demo before we think about another funding campaign. Despite a very simple demo I felt like it was very well received, and I was happy to run out of brochures. I have attached a few pics taken after initial setup before the expo. You may notice that there is no computer on our table, but that was only because it had not arrived yet. Once our team gets some time, I hope we have some other pics of interest to share. It will be a few days to see what further rewards may be received from this, but we made some additional contacts too. In short this was good exposure...and quite frankly I thought it was fun.

Before I go further, I want to publicly thank my team for taking a very active role in manning the booth and helping to bring this all together. Unfortunately I had other responsibilities that prevented my full participation, but my team had my back!

Our next step is for the team to meet and decide our next course of action.

Our booth had our 2 new "posters", various different simple ads on regular sized paper, reference material (from WWII field manuals), spreadsheets displaying some of the raw game data for weapons and vehicles, a concept binder, brochures, an old steel US helmet (that I wore most of the time I was there), and an 18x24-inch portion of a WWII topo map with 15mm Flames of War figures on the map for a hands-on concept of the basic game concept (I had a couple M4's, M10's, a couple of trucks, a jeep, and infantry of course).

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Expo Results
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 03:41:45 AM »
This is great news. I am glad it went well. You can use this positive experience and build upon it. It is definitely a good idea to have a firm foundation and feel comfortable with the product before launching the KIckStarter.

Is there any chance of more pictures? Very interested in the brochure. How about one of the entire team at the expo?

Thanks for the information.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Frankie

• HAVOC
  • From Dogs of War to Pipes Of Peace
    • Frankie's Moodurian
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 07:44:31 AM »
Man, I dig them positive vibes!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

After the Dogs of War are let slip, let us smoke the Pipes Of Peace.

Offline choppinlt

• T.O.O. Developer
    • Buckeye Battle Group
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 02:08:46 PM »
We will try to sort out what pictures we have and go from there. The few pics of me that were taken (that I have seen) were blurry. I know we don't have a picture of the whole team at the event because we worked in shifts. We should get us all together for a picture regardless. If more pics become available then I will definitely post them here.

The brochure is shown below:

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline 76mm

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 04:24:00 AM »
eh, of what expo do you speak?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline choppinlt

• T.O.O. Developer
    • Buckeye Battle Group
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 03:09:47 PM »
The Ohio Game Development Expo, or OGDE. The link is https://www.ohiogamedevexpo.com/ and you can see us listed as an exhibitor.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline choppinlt

• T.O.O. Developer
    • Buckeye Battle Group
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 03:12:19 AM »
So here are a few more pictures of the actual expo.

This is the booth fully set up on Saturday and in action. You will note that these pics show that we have a computer screen to show the small demo, unlike my previous pics.

Action shot of yours truly...

My discussion with some other interested parties...
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 03:17:30 AM »
I can see the true brains behind this sim  :P

These are good pics. Can you tell us more about the demo?

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline choppinlt

• T.O.O. Developer
    • Buckeye Battle Group
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 03:44:45 AM »
Yeah, I wish i could take full credit, but you can see otherwise!  ;D

Well I can tell you more about the demo...it was laughingly simple to watch at this point!  :-[ I am not going to make it sound better than what it is right now. So the sim boots up, main splash screen comes up, choose the "demo" option, and you are taken to the main game screen. You have a unit and with the mouse you can point to a spot and use a hot key to tell it to Approach move to that point, and it will follow a movement path. Along the way it will discover an enemy unit that appears from the fog of war...and that is all. The printed map and miniatures were to help attract people, but also to use as a live demo to show more of the game play concept.

We had a meeting last Wednesday and talked about timelines and a path forward. I hope to have a decent time estimate to share with you. It doesn't look like we will be ready for a new KS campaign until late winter at the earliest. Again, I will find out more soon. We have another meeting scheduled December 8 and will share our progress. So I will throw this out there, if anyone knows where we can land $5,000, then the programmers will be able to get a pretty good demo together in a short amount of time. In other words, they will be able to work on it full time. And don't tell me to get a loan from the bank, because that isn't gonna happen... :D So a $5,000 investment would get us to a point where we be ready for a KS campaign quickly.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags: