Tigers Unleashed Update July 24 2016
The update will be hosted here when it is cleared
* = Corrections
+ = Additions/Improvements
* Adjusted dust creation for round impacts and explosions - wasn't always being added. Rubble creation now also automatically adds dust outside of the action that caused it.
* Fixed an FOW issue where friendly units were not being properly shown on the map even though they were known.
* Corrected issue that sometimes prevented existing arty missions having their ammo values changed.
* Corrected crater "overspill" into adjacent hexes/locs. Was sometimes being artificially truncated.
* Fixed a major movement path/command error when detachments were created by combat actions and the AI subsequently gave them (or their parent) orders in reaction to perceived enemy threats. Also sometimes affected other units.
* When selecting to fire DF at an an area target, the check routines now only verify the LOS - not sighted/known values.
* Human vs. Human games now always return to player control after the combat phase (auto-run settings ignored).
* Updated the AI to rotate the hull when firing a turret-mounted gun when the turret can't be rotated.
* Fixed an error where sometimes the correct time and conditions were not being displayed in the Setup Phase.
* Updated the WpnSys Data Table Editor Form - was showing double first columns, and can now set name of new system when adding.
* Fixed an intermittent c++ access error when an artillery impact detonated multiple mines without any other units nearby.
* Fixed a number of incorrect size values in the IP Data Table.
* Corrected C++ error in Composite Units Form
* Fixed access error when selecting "Specialized Engr Op" from Engineering Operations Form.
* Added a "Water Placement OK" flag to IP's; IP's and obstacles placed in prohibited terrain from previous saves are now automatically removed.
* VP's weren't being added back when player-placed objects (IP's, mines, etc.) were removed from the map.
* Limited situational auto-unloading to ground units.
* Stopped the Main Form Pop-up menu
* Fixed "Cut/Copy/Paste" pop-up menu functions from Force Selection Form; now also highlight updated units on tree.
* 'Done' button now always enabled after force selection on low Expert Levels.
* Fixed an intermittent c++ access error in the AI force auto-selection process.
* Corrected issues with New Game Checklist form:
- was showing incorrect steps completed
- was not completely resetting after closing
- was not displaying correct Personnel VP totals.
* Fixed "Div by zero" floating point error in Shoot & Scoot determination routines.
* Corrected an issue with sighting under low light conditions - was "overflowing" and acting as if in full light.
* Lowered mechanical breakdown probabilities (for movement).
* LOS wasn't being displayed in replay (at Level 6) for units that were destroyed during the turn.
* TO&E Form was resizing properly below a certain size.
* Fixed intermittent error showing nation force, mission, and control (AI vs. Human) on Loading Form.
+ Updated Turn Combat/Action Reporting to better preserve FOW and also show more results info.
+ Adjusted force auto-selection routines; now more heavily weighted towards combat arms over support type formations.
+ Added new options to speed up sighting (Preferences | Performance):
- "Aggregate Units of Same Type": all units of the same general type (Infantry, AFV, etc.)in a loc are considered a single 'unit' for sighting purposes (as spotter or tgt) and use avg values for unit values and equipment.
- Min Visible Target Size: A random determination is made to skip checking to the LOS to targets of this apparent size (in Min of Arc) or smaller.
- Quick LOS Blocking check: The blocking points (as %) in the spot and tgt locs are totaled, and a random determination made to see if the LOS should be skipped (60% blocked, 60% chance of being skipped).
+ Arty Missions Form now shows message while processing.
+ Mouse Wheel now zooms in/out on map. Zoom-in centers on mouse position.
+ Optimized LOS sighting routines
+ Added options to use multi-core processors/threading: Set in Preferences | Performance. Currently only used for Turn Detection Phase.
+ Updated AI to better unload units when they get into locs threatened by enemy fire.
+ Added automatic checks for visible display layers when new game loaded, or player logs in.
+ Adjusted LOS X-Section Form to be resizable.
+ Adjusted Main Form to make resizing smoother.
+ Modified hexside obstacles to be a single side (instead of N/S/E/W)
+ Updated FOW for obstacles to be more realistic.
+ Expanded set-up sequence and controls to give players more options and information on the steps and sequence.
+ Added check if primary map display layers enabled when game first shown.
+ Adjusted max possible known level for enemy personnel in IP's, based on IP blocking: 30%=Level 4 Max; 50+%: Level 3 Max.
+ Updated Engineering Operations Form to be more intuitive, and to show more information and feedback on actions.
+ Added option to remove unit FOW from combat reports in games with at least one AI player (use Arrow Control on Reporting Form). It affects ONLY the text shown; normal FOW and limitation remains in effect for all purposes.
+ Added "Suppression to S-1 Staff Officer, and also as an option for 'mouse-over' text (Preferences | Map/Colors"
+ Changed "Move Timeouts" caption on Combat Reporting Form to "AI Move Timeouts", and added a descriptive mouse-over hint.
+ Added "additional Illum" level to mouse-over text (from flares, fires, etc.)
+ Added and option to "Zoom out for Air Movement" in the combat phase instead of just doing it by default.
+ Added option to stop the auto-close countdown for the LOS Form during the Combat Phase/Replay (Detail Level 6)
+ Updated the Set Initial Conditions Form (when creating new games) - Nation selection now on top, and country name shown in header.
+ Improved ammo selection AI to better account for "area" effects from HE, flame, incendiary, etc.
+ Leader casualty status now shown in S-1 screen, incl from all previous turns.
+ Additional unit symbols added.
+ FSO (arty) Staff Officer now shows a list of all IF units and allows player the option to see their existing missions & possible targeting locations.
+ Added checks for invalid weapons systems when creating/editing scenarios.
+ Updated Composite Units Editing Form to be more user-friendly & allow multi-selection.
+ Added option to remove a carrier from a Composite Unit Group after unloading passengers (if they are in the same group). This creates a separate unit for the carrier.
+ Updated Unloading Form to be easier to use and provide more information on Composite Unit Group status and on how to keep them together.
+ "Added "TRP:" to the info text string for them in the Location Information Box.
+ Expanded range of Scenario/Day Part Dust and Foliage adjustment levels to 2000% (20x normal) from 200% (2x normal).
+ Changed TEC Dust Adjustment Value to be a straight percent instead of a relative value between 0 and 10.
+ Adjusted the Weather Periods Form - now easier to use, and more analytical when adjusting the number of periods per day. Also added a button to change the current time.
+ IP dimensions now in centimeters (cm) instead of decimeters (dm).
+ Added timed info-box showing max ammo ranges for firing unit when selecting DF targets.
+ Added ammo max range text to Weapons Systems Info form.
+ Added button on Unit Info Form to reset all unit symbols to the default values in the Weapon Systems Data Table.
+ The "Show Unit" and "Show Terrain" display toggles are automatically turned on at the start of a player's turn / combat phase.
+ Any "Currently Selected Locs" are reset when entering the Staff Officers Form to reduce confusion.
+ Added a display box that shows weapon system for selected FRIENDLY units. <Right-Click> for options and Main Menu | Preferences for On/OFF toggle.
+ All accy calcs are now based strictly on CEP/actual deviation of the round at range & tgt size.
+ Round CEP/deviation past the defined max range are now adaptively extrapolated from previous curve values instead of simple exponential/straight line.
+ IP combat routines updated to be more detailed and include aiming specifically at opening/ports, and over walls.
+ Updated to a newer compiler version.
+ Added and additional "set-up checklist control" after force selection to show what steps have been done, and which can (or must) be performed before the game can begin.
+ Improved and optimized the AI routines for selecting smoke arty targets.
+ Completely updated the AirDrops form to be more user friendly, to allow editing after missions initially saved, and also to show more information on each pass/stick.
+ The Arty Missions Form was updated to be clearer, and added icons to the Tree View to show the status of potential calling/spotting units: OK, no LOS and/or too long commo delay.
+ Arty/IF impacts now shown individually on the map & saved for the mission. A slightly darker color is used for spotting rounds. The size will reflect the blast radius (within set minimum/maximum sizes based on zoom level).
+ Added ability for users to adjust and change the automatic unit name creation scheme when selecting units form the TO&E.
+ Added a new Preference for how unit info and name strings are displayed during the game. Preferences | Display [Set Unit Name Format].
+ The combat report now shows estimated crater sizes.
+ Updated CAS Staff Officer display on the map - the mission heading, start point, strafing/weapon release points are now shown.
+ Made the CAS Missions form more user-friendly, added processing status messages and additional information instructions.