Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: D.O.W. Saturday Mission 10/10/15:DOW North Korea Invasion 2015  (Read 7752 times)

Apocalypse31

Re: D.O.W. Saturday Mission 10/10/15:DOW North Korea Invasion 2015
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2015, 12:54:11 AM »
Good mission. Overwhelming success for BLUEFOR

AAR Notes:
(-) Roadmarch could've been better organized and planned. We were bunched up/disorganized at many points. If the enemy had a faster pace we may have been put in a bad situation. For any future roadmarch units at every echelon need to develop internal plans for an order of march and timing/sequencing so as not to de-synch the overall unit

(-)Task Organization Changes. I task organized the Challenger Platoon to move to the furthest northern battle position. It's important to understand the capabilities/limitations of equipment - in this case our slowest vehicle, the Challenger, should've been organized to stay in the southern BP.

(+)Employment of Close Combat Aviation. Our CCA team had a total of 63 armored kills. Cupcake managed the flight of AH-64Ds very well, ensuring the birds stayed outside of enemy missile range, while simultaneously providing what resulted in the decisive point of the battle. The only issue we faced was the FARP suffering repeated indirect fire attacks - resulting in one destroyed AH-64. I think we got comfortable with the location. We should've moved the FARP further north to support the northern battle position.

(+) Battle Position Selection. Players/Units identified effective battle positions that had overwatch on all enemy axis of advance. Player-manned units were effective in stopped the OPFOR from coming within 1.5km of either river crossing site. Straight shooting rules the day.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Lumituisku

• HAVOC
  • Howl with the pack
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2015, 01:07:07 AM »
Great AAR summary Apocalypse!

From my part I have to say that next time.... I will indeed prepare some emergency "energy sufficent"  before mission and make sure im... operational not to cause trouble as in start of this mission. Thank you all for being so patient with zombie Lumi.

As for AAR on my part. In future I will make more questions of road march and plan to keep myself on track of whats going on, and that things go right. And I make sure to keep track that my units wont cause trouble.

As side notice.. I will make sure that on road march of this large force I will make units to stay on close spacing for less marching trouble.

As for positions and plan. I felt that my role was to be as reserve, and to ensure that enemy force could not get past B3 position, in case if front units would be overrun.

- - -

As for mission feedback.  Good mission, it was very tense and exiting by feeling. Thank god we were lucky and had those Apaches. Or it would been lot more stressful, even in amounts to cause horrible nightmare for tonight.   

funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pain is the nature of life. it is the recognition that I'm nothing more. - Mark Rowland's

Offline Cougar11

• HAVOC
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2015, 09:50:41 PM »

I think there was really some trouble with enemy artillery having no effect to our units.

I clearly saw many many times either my units or other friendlies being under artillery.. and nothing. Not even my infantry while they were middle of HE barrage.  That is so weird, especially when there was so much of artillery.  And most of damage came from enemy tanks?  Or artillery that was right at the start of the mission.

There was as well occasions that enemy were hitting friendlies with hardly no damage at all. Not even from enemy missiles, and that is so weird.

Could these be checked? Because enemy seemed to have hardly at all effect on our units, even when players clearly saw and took many hits.

There was many occasions of green infantry / tanks being blasted by arty again and again with no damage at all.

I agree that I have seen this as well. I noticed that Durham and Apocalypse observed arty on our units, where I did not see any at all, and none of my tanks were hurt, but should have been as I stayed in position not moving. Also I have been hit with many missiles repeatedly and with no damage. I think there is a major bug going on.  ???
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colebrook

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2015, 05:59:26 PM »
Seems it was a great mission, can someone upload the AAR?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Cupcake

• HAVOC
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2015, 06:07:24 PM »
I believe I uploaded it to the file browser on the teamspeak server...
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colebrook

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2015, 02:11:48 AM »
Thx Cupcake
funny
informative