Translations for our friends around the world.

Click on banner for Theater of Operations website

Save

Author Topic: Our Current Timetable  (Read 4187 times)

Offline choppinlt

• T.O.O. Developer
    • Buckeye Battle Group
Our Current Timetable
« on: September 26, 2015, 12:08:20 AM »
I just realized that I havn't shared what our current plans are for the immediate future. @Haze937 can chime in to talk more about this, but our goal is to have something ready (i.e. demo some game play) at the Ohio Dev Expo in October. We will use that as a platform to then build momentum for another run at Kickstarter starting some time in early to mid November. We are not going to rush anything, but we need to set goals or we will never achieve anything! So the more feedback and discussion generated here, the more we can consider your input when putting this game together.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline haze937

• Buckeye Battle Group
Re: Our Current Timetable
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 03:49:31 PM »
We hope to have finished a single gameplay loop that would show off how a turn is taken, troop movement, and battle resolution. The scope and use cases will be minimal so we can show a clean single loop that has a few scenarios based on how you take your turn during the turn phase. This demo will show the autonomy of the troops and demonstrate the different ways to resolve a battle (i.e. manually or automatic). Once we have the basic phases and can transition then we will begin adding to the scope things such as more complex maps, more troop types, multiplayer, and the player control system that dictates what players on your team control what troops. OGDE is November 6-8 this year and it would be great to have something to show by then!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Online Asid

• HAVOC
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 03:55:49 PM »
We hope to have finished a single gameplay loop

This would be great. It will help to show people what the project is.

Regards
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline choppinlt

• T.O.O. Developer
    • Buckeye Battle Group
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 04:03:35 PM »
Thanks Haze937! How optimistic are you that we will be ready for OGDE? As we had discussed offline, this would be a fantastic springboard to launching another campaign. OGDE would give us significant exposure, and perhaps most importantly we can have something to demo to the public!! Is there any particular feedback from this community that you need at this point?
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline haze937

• Buckeye Battle Group
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 06:09:42 PM »
I am very confident that we can have the demo loop done by OGDE. We will be pressed for time since we need to get through the application process to showcase at OGDE, but regardless of having a booth we will have a demo that we can tell people about and get exposure.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags: