Translations for our friends around the world.

Author Topic: Installing V 3.023  (Read 5723 times)

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Installing V 3.023
« on: December 23, 2014, 01:49:04 PM »
Installing the new 3.023 update

This is a full installer. 2.33GB in size.

Please read the installation instruction in the release notes Here:

Esims recommend you uninstall the previous version through the windows control panel. Follow the below steps to backup your folders . Note "A" after "\Users\" is my pc name.

Your Record file. I make a bacvkup of this
C:\Users\A\AppData\Roaming\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\records

C:\Users\A\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts
•   saved images
•   logs
•   reports
•   My scenarios
•   AAR
•   Mods

Removal of beta files
When your uninstall is complete please browse to the original install location of Steel Beasts "C:\Program Files (x86)\eSim Games\SB Pro PE". The folder may still be there. The reason could be because you manually added files to the folder which the uninstall ignores. The files are 3 files from a beta install (see below) which you may have added. You can manually delete them now.

3 files left over from beta install.

1.SBProPE64cm
2.mpir64.dll
3.spinkit64.dll

Download the 3.023 installation files here: http://www.esimgames.com/?page_id=1390

Make sure the 4 dowloaded files are in the same folder.

You will end up with 4 files:

Double click on SBProPE3_023.part1 and it will start the automatic extraction process.

Once the extraction process is complete it will create the 3 installation files as seen below:
1.setup
2.setup-1
3.setup-2

Double click on the setup icon (tank logo) to start the installation process.

This version contains the updated CodeMeter runtime, which is version 5.20d so answer yes to install this.

Continue for the install.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 08:52:41 AM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Installing V 3.023
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 02:27:34 PM »
The install

1. Double click on the "setup" file

2. The Welcome screen will appear.. Hit "Next" to continue.

3. Next is the License acceptance screen. You must "accept" the agreement to continue.

4. You will be taken to the "Select Destination location" screen. Here you can select where to install Steel Beasts. You can just accept the default or specify a different location (as the above example). Hit "Next" to continue.

5. You will be taken to the "select components" screen. There are 3 installation choices. They are "Full, Compact and Custom". The minimum you must accept is the "compact installation which is the  "Program Files" 2,714 MB in size. If you select the other files, which i recommend, then you will do a "full" installation and all files associated with Steel Beasts will be installed on the PC. Hit the "Next" button.

6. The  "Select Start menu folder" screen now appears. You can choose the default or another location. Hit "Next" button.

7. The "Ready to install" screen is next. This is a summary of the choices you have made regading installaion locations. You can change your mind and hit the "Back" button if you want to change something. If not then hit the "Next" button to continue.

8. This is the next screen you will see. There is no choice here just information. Here the installaion updates your Direx=ctX install unlike the previous installs which required the user to manually install DX9 if it did not already exist on their system. When this step is complete it will automatically take you to the next screen.

9. The "Installing" screen is next with a progress bar. This step will complete without any input from the user. The screen will change to the one below when the install reaches the "CodeMeter" stage.

10. This stage is when you install the CodeMeter (CM) software on your system. The CM software is required for the licensing of the Steel Beasts software. When ready hit the "Next" button.

11. This next screen will only appear if , like me, you did not uninstall the CodeMeter software. If you did uninstall it then you will be asked questions concerning the location you wish to install the software. The default locations are acceptable. However as you can see, i have 3 choices and because my previous install worked( it was actually the same as this install) i choose "Repair" here and it automatically checks and updates the CM install. On to the next screen.

12. The "Ready to repair" screen is the optiion we chose from the previous stage and this is just a confirmation screen so hit "Repair" to continue.

13. This screen "Files in use" will appear if your CodeMeter from a previous install is running on your system. You want to close the CM software to allow the repair/install so choose the "Close the applications" option (as in this image) and hit "OK".

14. Once the "Repair" or "install" of the CM is complete you will be presented with this screen. Just hit the "Finish" button. You will now be presented with the below screen.

15. Finalising install is what you do when you read and hit the "Next" button.

16. Install complete. This is the final screen you will be presented with. That's it you have installed the 3.023 software...Well almost....

17. Once the install is complete you may want shortcuts on your desktop to launch the software. If this is the case you need to go to the install directory of the Steel Beasts Pro software. And create shortcuts from the executable(s) in the "Release" folder. In the below image there are 2 executables. SBProPE64cm (64bit exe) and SBProPEcm (32bit exe). If you have a 32bit operating system then you will only have 3 files in your "Release" folder. They will be:

1.SBProPEcm
2.mpir.dll
3.Spinkit.dll

The location of the "Release" folder is "Where you chose to install\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\Release"

All you need to do is select the exe file(s) and right click the mouse button and select "Create shortcut".

18. Shortcuts created

Thats it... Go and enjoy the sim.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 12:50:03 PM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Installing V 3.023
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 11:34:48 PM »
Note about CodeMeter.

I have had questions concerning the step of uninstalling the CodeMeter software. Your time limited license resides in the software not the dongle. I would not uninstall the codemeter. I would let the Steel Beasts pro  V3.023 installer install the latest version (v5.20d).

I would also recommend you to make a backup of the codemeter license (only applies to time limited) by backing up this folder

C:\ProgramData\CodeMeter\CmAct

Read about the Codemeter backup here: http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php?topic=32.0
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 08:52:00 AM by Asid »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

Installing V 3.025

Started by Asid

Replies: 0