Translations for our friends around the world.

Click on banner for Theater of Operations website

Save

Author Topic: Kasserine Pass  (Read 6222 times)

Offline choppinlt

• T.O.O. Developer
    • Buckeye Battle Group
Kasserine Pass
« on: September 08, 2015, 06:29:06 PM »
Troops, this was our Kasserine Pass. From an objective/academic view it wasn't as bad as it may have felt. There were some things that went right, but it is clear there was more that went wrong. I am in the process of developing a complete list of lessons learned for the dev team to revise our strategy for our next attempt. Right now I don't need any more feedback on the campaign, but once we have regrouped and start full prep for the next campaign we will share and solicit your opinions. Part of what went right was that I know who my allies are, and I have met additional people who are wanting to contribute to the effort. Among several other things we plan to have more substance to the campaign in terms of video's, graphical displays, greater depth of how the game will work, and greater clarity to the contributing members to BBG. Stay tuned, and feel free to participate in forum discussion!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Asid

• HAVOC
Re: Kasserine Pass
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 06:34:53 PM »
You have my support
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Offline choppinlt

• T.O.O. Developer
    • Buckeye Battle Group
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 06:39:01 PM »
Greatest of thanks to you Asid, you are part of the additional support that I was talking about! :)
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline A Canadian Cat

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 07:04:37 PM »
Right now I don't need any more feedback on the campaign,

Oops I was writing my tome post while you were writing this - sorry.

we will share and solicit your opinions.

My suggestion as well.

Part of what went right was that I know who my allies are,

Present.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline 76mm

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 04:38:03 AM »
Sorry to hear about you pulling the plug Matt, but understandable.  Let's regroup and move forward.
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Frankie

• HAVOC
  • From Dogs of War to Pipes Of Peace
    • Frankie's Moodurian
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 05:23:06 AM »
Hi ChoppinIt

Taking a leaf from History.

"Despite these losses and setbacks, the US II Corps along with British reserves managed to regroup and hold on February 22, launching a massive artillery fire that halted the German offensive. Faced with his own overextended supply lines and an Allied force which was now receiving rushed reinforcements, Rommel chose to exit and ordered all Axis units to return to their starting positions to concentrate on defending the German-held coastal areas.

While Kasserine Pass was not an American victory, it did hold deep significance for the future. The Americans seriously contemplated where their efforts had failed, and boldly initiated changes to improve their battlefield performance. Emphasis upon air superiority, proper cover in the desert landscape, and positioning of units so that they could effectively work together and cover each other in a unified manner was stressed. Finally, Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower took control of the command structure. He created the 18th Army Group under Gen. Harold Alexander (UK) as the new Allied headquarters in North Africa, and in charge of the US II Corps he placed an invigorating leader, Maj. Gen. George S. Patton.

The American reaction to Kasserine Pass showed the American Army’s determination that next time the Germans would experience very different results."
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 05:24:54 AM by Frankie »
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

After the Dogs of War are let slip, let us smoke the Pipes Of Peace.

Offline choppinlt

• T.O.O. Developer
    • Buckeye Battle Group
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 05:36:19 AM »
EXACTLY! Thanks Frankie!
funny
informative
Thanks
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions